Meogames

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 481|Reply: 0

How I went from knowing nothing about making games to publishing one on Steam...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered Member

Credits
Post time 2021-11-09 12:01:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hey there!  My name is Kirt Olson. 英国乐透8 I am NOT someone who studied computer science in college.  I am NOT someone who grew up doing any form of art...unless you count painting Easter Eggs once a year.  I am just an average guy with a family who works full-time as a real estate agent.  

About a year and half ago, I decided that I wanted to learn how to make video games as a hobby.  This month I found out that my first commercial game, Sketchy House Flipper, got approved on Steam.  I wanted to write this article to help others who may have dreamed about making games, but maybe felt like they missed their chance to do so...HINT...you haven't!

In February of 2019, I was working full-time and busy being a new Dad with my first-born child.  I was frustrated with the stress of my job.  One day while scrolling through Facebook,  I saw that one of my college roommates had released a game on Steam that had sold extremely well.  I reached out to him to ask how he did it.  Did he have a team of people?  Did he obtain a college degree that helped him to make the game?  The answer was NO.

I was shocked!  I didn't think it was possible to make a video game all on your own.  Especially if you didn't know how to code.  My friend spent evenings and weekends in his free time teaching himself how to code and to use Unity.  He told me that it was a lot of hard work, but if I put in the time and effort, I could learn how to make games too in my free time...even with all of life's responsibilities.  He was right!  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

2022-05-23 01:30 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053881 second(s), 21 queries .

Privacy Policy, Terms and Conditions

© 2016-2018 MeoGames, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list